Is this retail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcrobot

In Runtime
Is this a good deal?

It's me again, with more n00b questions... :beard:
I found this. Are both the CPU and mobo retail?
I was thinking about buying them separately (both retail from ZZF) but this will save me money... and I'll get a bunch of free stuff! ;)
Is this a better deal?
Also, is MonarchComputer a good company? (S&H, cust. service, waranties, etc.)
Thanks!

I don't think it will be retail, as they will put it together, and so they won't be bothered about it being OEM.

Trifid said:
I don't think it will be retail, as they will put it together, and so they won't be bothered about it being OEM.
Is it ok to buy mobos and CPUs as OEM?

That CPU is the retail version. Notice how it says, "Retail Box, with fan?"

And yes, it is fine to get OEM CPUs. It just means that they dont come with the Heatsink and fan or fancy packaging.

Elbatrop1 said:
That CPU is the retail version. Notice how it says, "Retail Box, with fan?"
That's what I thought, but I couldn't tell on the mobo. What would I not get if it's OEM instead of retail?

I found this disclaimer underneath everything:

Included with all AMD Combos: Motherboard with Retail Box, all cables, manuals and drivers. (We also load the latest BIOS, and optimize the BIOS settings for optimal settings.) Processors (CPU) are available in either OEM or Retail version. Retail Box CPUs come with a heat sink/fan. (If you choose a non-retail box CPU, you will need to choose a heat sink/fan to be installed). Monarch Warranty options: free 90 days option, or optional 6 months, 1, 2, or 3 year can be added.

Combos are set up with CPU, fans and memory installed, tested, and made ready to run for you by AMD Certified Technicians (at no charge), then shipped direct to you. Although thermal compound is optional, Monarch does recommend including this with your combo, as it will make your CPU run at a lower temperature. Support is available at no charge if you have any problems with installation of your combo.

Available Heatsink and Fans represent those which have been determined safe for shipping, primarily due to weight. Fans selected will be installed and shipped on your Motherboard Combo. If you select "None" (for Retail-Box CPUs) and choose another Heatsink and Fan from Monarch Computer with your order, this fan WILL NOT be installed on your combo.

Although thermal compound is optional, Monarch does recommend including this with your combo, as it will make your CPU run at a lower temperature.

Optional?? :confused:

I can just imagine how many loser's forget to check that option when getting an after market HS :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom