New Sound Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't overclock for the sake of overclocking. Try to figure out "what" you want exactly.. Why overclock a sound card in the first place?

Get better "throughput"?.. Why bother.. How much "sound" is there to process exactly. For you it's just real-time processing.

Sampling frequency?.. Guess you could.. But, the default sampling frequency is well above the required rates anyways (Nyquist rate and taking filter deficiencies into account).

If you want loud, you don't need a louder soundcard. You need speakers with a better amp. Sounds to me like your speakers now are passive, so they get all their current from the soundcard. I'd say stick with your current soundcard, or get this card. It's cheap, and it's supposed to have beautiful optical- and analog-outs. Anyway, use your current card or the Chaintech and go to your local store (Best Buy, Fry's) and pick out some speakers that sound best to you.

Chankama said:
Don't overclock for the sake of overclocking. Try to figure out "what" you want exactly.. Why overclock a sound card in the first place?

Get better "throughput"?.. Why bother.. How much "sound" is there to process exactly. For you it's just real-time processing.

Sampling frequency?.. Guess you could.. But, the default sampling frequency is well above the required rates anyways (Nyquist rate and taking filter deficiencies into account).

Changing the frequency clockgen (for 44100) and crap would make the sounds go all super fast and high pitched.

Yeah I had a pair of car speakers hooked up through my dell speakers
but theres not enough watts to even make them sound good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom