quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
pcrobot said:
I have one...
Eddy gets a printer, and he's really excited. He plugs it in to the pc, turns it on, and loads the drivers. He clicks the "Print test page" button, but nothing happens.... Then he hits the "test page" button on the printer, and it shoots out a test sheet. But he can't get the printer to print anything from the pc.
what should Eddy check first?
maybe he hasn't set the new printer as default

Maybe this has nothing to do with it, but you should always install the printer drivers first. If that happened to me, I'd count my losses and uninstall the printer, unplug, reinstall drivers, plug in printer.

Dan

Eddy tried what apokalipse and dipique suggested, but it still didn't work.
Do you want the answer?

No, the cable was plugged in right...

Answer:
The cable was bad. Eddy swapped out the cable for a new one, and everything worked.
This happened to me before... it took me about 1/2 an hour to figure it out. Installing and re-installing drivers, puching buttons, etc.
You'd think a new printer would have a working cable... :nerd:

PROBELM:
YOLANDA ordered and received all of her parts to build her friend a brand new PC. Now she lays out all the parts and begins the build.
The (2) HDD's that she is using are a "80GIG IDE drive and a 200GIG IDE dirve. The 80GIG she's using to install windows XP home and the 200GIG will be for additional storage.

Instead of using the Master/Slave Jumper Configuration she decides to use the "cable select" configuration. She sets both drives jumpers to "cable select" and uses the IDE cable that came with the motherboard.
After completing the build and trying to install windows, the windows installation tells her that it can't find an HDD. Surely she set both jumpers to cable select and connected the standard IDE cable properly. She wants to figure out why this won't work before switching to the master/slave configuration.

Can you explain to Yolanda what the problem is?

hey what is all this skipping around? i thought we were going in some kind of order here.

ah, i'm outta here and i'm not giving you the answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom