Over Heating Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I swapted my AMD Athlon 1000 out of my Media Centre PC for another my AMD Athlon 1000 (long story, don't ask). I have also installed a Thermaltake Hardcano 10 HSF on to this CPU.

And now my idle temp is about 62*C
Before it was 40*C

Is it possible that I can have 2x of the same CPUs, and one of them have an over heating problem?

sure i guess it is possible...the question is ...do you know what the temps were for the other 1000 before you swaped it?

Could be a poor application of the heatsink/thermal paste man. Did you try reapplying?

As for the parts, I guess anything is possible. People get DOA parts now and then. Isn't that much of a stretch to imagine that some of them, even if functioning, would be defective in some aspects.

What CPU did you put in there? My bet is it is poor application of thermal compound, and what heatsink? Do you have good airflow in the case? What's case temp?

the only real variable is the application of thermal paste, if the cpu's are the same model running at the same fsb. Or mabye one of them has a dodgy thermal probe on it giving you bad readings.

Just installed a Thermaltake TR2-M3 SE Heat Sink on to the CPU. Plus a little bit of Thermaltpaste. I got it down to 48*C while it's idling.

I am still not 100% happy.
I have a 80mm to 120mm Fan Amp and a 120mm fan.
If a stuff around with the computer, i might be able to install the 1200mm fan on the heat sinks to encourage some more air flow.

I am pissed off as I think I lost my old Thermaltake Volcano 7 HSF, as it would be perfect for this application.

The other fun thing is I just found out that my 1000Mhz is really a 1333Mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom