USB Front Panel Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiNoY-V

Solid State Member
When i got my case i hooked up my two usb ports in the front and everything was going so smoothly... A couple of months later when i try to plug my usb controller into these ports, before my controller is even plugged in, when i even just TOUCH the usb prong to the usb port my computer freezes.

I figured the ish wasn't grounded, so i took off my panel and re-did the wiring for those ports. That problem seems to be fine now, but now, sometimes when i plug my usb controller into these ports xp doesn't recognize that it's plugged in!

It does, however, see that it's plugged in when I go to device manager and force it to scan for hardware changes. ???? Anyone have any clue?

hope this helps
In General, the vendor of the case ought to offer manual for how to connect the Front ports with motherboard. The key is to connect the case front-panel USB cable with the onboard USB connector correctly according to the pin assignments. We have provided an example below (The pin assignments of the case USB cable may be different, so you need to refer to the case manual): ASUS USB 1.1 connector: ASUS M/B Case USB power <-> VCC USBp- <-> D- USBp+ <-> D+ GND <-> GND NC <-> GND ASUS USB 2.0 connector: ASUS M/B Case USB +5v <-> VCC LDM <-> D- LDP <-> D+ GND <-> GND NC <-> GND

or see if this helps:
http://www.asus.com/support/faq/qanda.aspx?KB_ID=84050

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom