FX-57 vs 3k series Stock Coolers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

septoid2

Daemon Poster
Just curious. Does the FX series CPU's have different stock coolers then the 3k+ series CPU's?

good question. I'm curious too. I think they would since they virtually encourage overclocking. And to top it all off, at that price, you should get a huge copper piped heatsink with a 120mm fan.

Ryan

So I could succesfully use the stock cooler that came with my Venice 3000+ on an FX-55 and not risk overheating? haha.

well, it wouldn't overheat instantly. If the FX heatsinks and fans are bigger, then I think you'd be running it too hot. You'd be cutting it's life short me thinks.

Ryan

I havea FX-53 so that is pretty lowend. I don't knwo waht stock sizes are but mien was about stock size, the CPU overheated understock conditions(w/o OC) in CS-Source full specs. I had plenty of fans and the tmeperature was pretty cool.

I bought a Tt Cooltower which is basically a gigantic copper heatpipe heatsink, now I never overheat and the highest temp I reacher was 61 degrees and it was under pretty harsh conditions.

If anyone is intrested I can sell you my old FX-53 heatsink for 3 dollars plus shipping, I was oging to post on the sale/trade but I don't have 40 posts yet.

The stock cooler that came with my 55 kept me 55 idle.

Obveously I wasn't hapy with that, and I have excellent system airflow.

So I got an XP-120, and am extremely happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom