• ATI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geforce

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, the Cell processor CAN process graphics, look it up. Its one of the best graphics processors out there (though its a CPU, not a GPU). And whatever card ATi comes out with for the consoles, its going to be for the Xbox360. NVidia is still designing the card that will go into the PS3.

Though those PhysX cards look awesome :classic:.

i always say that the PC is better then the console but price wise i would say console must be cheaper. but i still stick with my trusty old computer

In the end it comes down to what kind of games do you like to play?

First Person Shooter - PC
Fighting - Console
RTS - PC
RPG - PC
Racing - Console
Sim - PC
Platform - Console

You get the idea......graphics are not as important as gameplay. If you like shooters it would be stupid to buy the X360 just so you can play Halo 3 in all its graphical splendor. You'd be way better off with a decent PC playing UT2K7 on medium or even low settings because the gameplay would be far superior.

I don't know about that...Halo is Halo. You can't beat that. I've had an Xbox for a couple years, and you get used to it. You just can't beat Halo on a console.

Also, we must consider online gameplay. I had Live for a year and a half, and it was amazing. Cheap, too. Live is going to be a huge selling point for the Xbox 360.

To the post about the mod community -- Xbox Live will have a "marketplace" where you can download user-created content. I don't know a whole lot about it, but it sounds like a first step in creating a mod community for console games.

I don't play Xbox anymore, mainly because I don't have the time. But I loved it, because I could finally play awesome games. I could never do that with PC, because I always had a crappy computer.

I don't know why people say that Halo is so great. I've never played it but I have played shooters on my PS2 and they are nothing compared to shooters on a PC. The control is utter sh*t. I mean they're fun and all but still nothing compared to PC. I've never played Halo, but judging by other console shooters I would say even Quake 1 is better than it.

j4ckaL said:
I don't know why people say that Halo is so great. I've never played it but I have played shooters on my PS2 and they are nothing compared to shooters on a PC. The control is utter sh*t. I mean they're fun and all but still nothing compared to PC. I've never played Halo, but judging by other console shooters I would say even Quake 1 is better than it.
I have played both halo and halo 2, and guess what? They both suck. :)

Flanker keeps going on and on about the power of the consoles coming out but that doesn't mean squat when they won't be able to put out title that utilize all that power. I've read that the first 360 games coming out are all single threaded and "disappointing" and the PS3 games could be even worse even with the extra time for development. Looks like it will take some time for these consoles to live up to the hype.

Okay hold on a second here. Lets all just think about this for a second...

If these new consoles are sopossed to be so much better, how do they afford to sell the equiptment < $500, when the computer that you say it 'puts to shame' costs three times as much....

Also, have fun updating a **** console, you can slop in a new video card just about whenever you want in todays systems. Look at the different getting a 7800GTX does to your old Radeon 9000... you'll be stuck with the same hardware in the 360 for years.

here's how I look at it. By the time the consoles begin to utilize all this hardware, the computer market will probably be on par with it. I mean, computer games coming out are going to be the same as the new consoles. They're just flat-out not that good. The PC market is just so much more appealing to me...

Also, just wanted to say this. The console market and PC market are going to meet here in a generation or two. They're both beginning to offer more and more of the features that both were offering exclusively in the past. Granted, the consoles are ripping a lot more stuff from computers, but the markets are beginning to merge.

Ryan

Also new PC games will probably have graphic setting for über-computers where as console games will be stuck at whatever the devs think best for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom