Crazy Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake-Eyes

Daemon Poster
Here's the deal. I installed Linux Ubuntu on my Seagate Barracuda 120GB drive. After using it for a while, got tired of it, and wanted to switch back to Windows.

I put in the XP disk, and SATA drivers disk and boot up the computer. I install the drivers fine, but when it gets to the part where it says, "What would you like to do? Enter = Install XP, R = enter repair console, Esc = exit." (or something to that effect)

When i press enter to install a fresh copy of XP, it gives me an error saying, "Setup cannot find any harddisks installed on your system." I've gotten, and solved, this problem before, but i guess i've completely forgotten.

Can someone please enlighten me?

yes hit f6 when the xp cd first boot and have your sata floppy ready or use your linix cd to partition the drive as NTFS before you install windows

I know how to install the SATA drivers, i've done it twice on this attempt to reinstall. But both attempts gave me the same result.

I'll try the partitioning idea.

Snake-Eyes said:
I know how to install the SATA drivers, i've done it twice on this attempt to reinstall. But both attempts gave me the same result.

I'll try the partitioning idea.

you must be loadiing the wrong sata driver. on my sata floppy there are 8 drivers. yet it appear to be only 4. you have to hit to the down arrow to see the rest

Good call on the extra drivers. Apparently, i had something like 12 drivers and i thought i only had 4. :p Silly me. Plus, the driver i was previously trying to install said "Intel blah blah SATA driver" and i'm using an AMD processor. D'oh!

Thanks for the help, got it all running fine! :)

Snake-Eyes said:
Good call on the extra drivers. Apparently, i had something like 12 drivers and i thought i only had 4. :p Silly me. Plus, the driver i was previously trying to install said "Intel blah blah SATA driver" and i'm using an AMD processor. D'oh!

Thanks for the help, got it all running fine! :)

no problem

I'm still trying to figure out how it is possible to get windows to install all your drivers for you that are not on the default list during setup on a slipstreamed CD. Is it possible?

I'm pretty sure it's possible, Tyler1989. But, it involves adding the lines of code to each driver, etc. It's pretty time consuming.

TMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom