1 Kilowatt PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAVOC2k5 said:
It's not rude. It's obvious people don't care.

It's more money in your pocket now, if your a kid. But, it's less money in your pocket later for your parents or an adult. "Kid's have the best lives." Enjoy your lives now kids. Because it's eventually going to get much, much harder. One day, you might even think like I do about saving money.

Unlike other people, I do care. I'm not a little kid anymore and haven't lived with my parents for many, many years. What I have is what i've worked darn hard for. And i'll be darned if i'm going to just give my money away to someone else, when there are ways I can keep more of it for myself.

And this comes to us from a guy who built a $5000 PC and keeps upgrading with the latest hardware...

P.P. Mguire said:
Not to sound rude, but not many ppl care. Like its always said on these forums that the majority is little kids that still live w/ thier parents. I live w/ my parents and run a very cheap POS PSU and dont care. Im sure alot will agree w/ me. Also, money in your pocket now is better than money you will gradualy get in your pocket later.

I agree with basically the whole thing but especially the bold part. I have a decent Forton 400W PSU, VERY nice ampage and it cost me $40 and its all I need to run my system for as long as I will have it (which won't be 5 years...yea right...).

Re: Re: Re: 1 Kilowatt PSU

AND_YOU_ARE said:
Back to the topic at hand. For about have the watts, antec supplys just about the same power, except the 12v rail. I doubt many will find a need for all that power offered by pcp&c. Personaly I use two psu. I have a 550w antec, and a 400w antec. It provides me with enough power for everything you see in my sig.

You use two PSUs to power your system? Have you taken a look at your system lately? That needs something like a single 350W PSU to operate...much less 950W...

No, I'm not talking about the actual unit operating for five years, I'm talking about how long you'll actually use it. What you're suggesting would be the equivelent of say buying a 400GB ATA-133 drive a year or so ago, it may seem like the biggest and best but it will quickly become dated.

Especially in your case havoc, you dump thousands of dollars in a machine that should in theory last people many years, yet you make minor yet expensive and neglible performance increases...al I'm saying is it's all for show, you can't honestly try and tell me you see any difference between identical systems except for say a FX55 and FX57

FYI I spent every penny of my own on any computer hardware I have purchased...just because you spent $10000 versus my $2000 doesn't mean your effort to save the money is valued any more or less than mine

I actualy do save money for myself and my life after high school wont be that hard because im learning how to take care of my finances ahead of time. While my friends are doing a full/part time job and suffering ill be enjoying another schooling vacation and if i need extra money ill get a part time job and not care.

On the PSU coment, i dont OC much cept on the video card and a Raidmax generic 420watt PSU is al li need.

P.P. Mguire said:
Not to sound rude, but not many ppl care. Like its always said on these forums that the majority is little kids that still live w/ thier parents. I lie w/ my parents and run a very cheap POS PSU and dont care. Im sure alot will agree w/ me. Also, money in your pocket now is better than money you will gradualy get in your pocket later.
Couldn't agree more. Why should I buy a more expensive PSU just so that my parents electric bill is $5 cheaper every month.

Flanker said:
And this comes to us from a guy who built a $5000 PC and keeps upgrading with the latest hardware...

That's right. And actually my PC purchases are "Tax Write-offs". See I own a small business and you can claim PC's, software, books, ISP and mileage as a business expense.

The IRS doesn't ask you what PC you have or built. So it doesn't matter. You just need to have receipts and documentation when filing.

For those that don't know, a "tax-writeoff" is a reduction in your gross taxable income. There are several exemptions and write-offs which lowers your GTI.

Say after all my other exemptions and write-offs my GTI is $75,000 that's the money that the IRS is going to tax me on. And say the TAX TABLE for 2005 say's I should pay $16,000 in taxes. Well, now just from the business expenses say, I write-offs i can lower my $75,000 to 68,000 now the government wants 13,750. Now that's a difference of $2250. That $2250 stays in my pocket instead of going into uncle sams pocket. Sure I spent $5000.00 on the PC which means I spent $2750 + 2250 that the IRS was going to take from me. Instead I keep that $2250 for myself.

See how things work?

gaara said:
No, I'm not talking about the actual unit operating for five years, I'm talking about how long you'll actually use it. What you're suggesting would be the equivelent of say buying a 400GB ATA-133 drive a year or so ago, it may seem like the biggest and best but it will quickly become dated.

Especially in your case havoc, you dump thousands of dollars in a machine that should in theory last people many years, yet you make minor yet expensive and neglible performance increases...al I'm saying is it's all for show, you can't honestly try and tell me you see any difference between identical systems except for say a FX55 and FX57

FYI I spent every penny of my own on any computer hardware I have purchased...just because you spent $10000 versus my $2000 doesn't mean your effort to save the money is valued any more or less than mine

ok. now who really knows how to misunderstand people gaara??? Seriously. I'm not saying at all.

I dump thousands of dollars? To me a few thousand dollars isn't too much... Now i'm not trying to sound like a rich idiot here, but my original post was that there are ways to save money, while spending it the right way.

You know what... This forum has just developed into like 99.9% bogus arguing. Everyone thinks that they know everything and everyone wants to spend too much time telling everyone else there wrong. This isn't why I joined or why I donated money to this forum.

I'm tired of it.

Peace i'm out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom