USB Failing to Cooperate! ARGGHHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanServer

Baseband Member
Hello all reading,
I recenty did a repair on windows xp pro installation. When i say repair i mean i put in the cd and ran the repari option off the boot. After reparing i had a problem opening microsoft office applications. I found out the solution to that was to install xp sp1a. This worked and the office apps work but my usb has stopped working. I upgraded to sp2 hoping to fix the usb prob but that didnt work either. I have alos reinstalled my motherboard drivers and that didnt work either. I know its all the usb because neither my cam or my printer works. Any suggestions?????

That i also checked all that is there is a RAID controller and a wireless NIC that i havent gotten around installing

Thanks for the fast reply bro!!!!
Thats why i like these forums so much

ok lemme see if i completely understand this issue...

you reformatted the machine and now you don't have usb connectivity right ?

It has to be a software/driver issue right ?
you didn't dig around in the case did you ?

K i REPAIRED pretty much what it does is back up the drivers and settings then do a reinstall of alot of the system files. It leaves all the files and drivers intact on the system. I after going to sp1a i lost connectivity. It sounds like a driver issue but i have uninstalled drivers and reinstalled many times to no prevail. Another thinng the usb ports are puting out power. But the computer is not even recognizing that anyhting is plugged into the usb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom