quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well when my friend called me up.... And he told me what was going on. My first response was a question asking him.

"Did you remember to get some juice to the AUX connector on the back?"

After he hooked it up, it worked fine.

The hi pitched beep in an
Award bios = CPU overheated. Phoenix and other bios types do not have a continuous hi ptiched beep, so it's the CPU overheating. Now, given the new power drain on the PSU and the fact that the CPU overheats, PSU was either bad or not sufficient (or both!!) :) Solution 450-500 wt quality PSU. Probably had a stock 300.

Huh....are you saying that that puter booted at start without the aux power hooked into the 6800gt???????? It won't powr up the board ever and then you get a continuous hi pitch beep at power up. Your puter just sits there and screams at you. I find it hard to believe that his puter powered on and loaded windows with out the aux power to the Nvidia card, especially the 6800 whose GPU will not even funcition without aux power. Somebody's been smokin' crack!!! :)

I have one...
Eddy gets a printer, and he's really excited. He plugs it in to the pc, turns it on, and loads the drivers. He clicks the "Print test page" button, but nothing happens.... Then he hits the "test page" button on the printer, and it shoots out a test sheet. But he can't get the printer to print anything from the pc.
what should Eddy check first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom