Paging file

Status
Not open for further replies.
set it to 1024 at the begining of your second hard drive in it's own partition for optimal perfomance.

PF.jpg

I only have one hard drive, and the partition file is only 4.5 Gb. Also, I can't save anything to the partition as it's write protected. It's also FAT32. It came that way.

Yes you need the page file , the page file is used for data that is in ram that has not been accessed for awhile, it is written out to the HD, the page file. It should ideally be on a seperate drive then the drive with your os. I think there is an option to let windows adjust, this is good. If you do manually adjust, do not set it larger then your physicall ram.

Normally, you should set your paging at twice the amount of your ram. So for example, if you have 512mb of ram, set the paging file to 1024. And static is better. :nod:

hikaricloud said:
Normally, you should set your paging at twice the amount of your ram. So for example, if you have 512mb of ram, set the paging file to 1024. And static is better. :nod:

actually you should set it so that both equal to 2 gig(unless you have a ram intensive program). static is better though

hm Eric I didn't know MCE2005 had transparency abilities are you using any software that is not defualt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom