help with my build please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

untitledsn41

Solid State Member
after deciding to build instead of buy a gaming system i realized i needed to do some research. so after 2-3 hours of reading this board tonight this is what i came up with. price is to be kept under $1500. i plan to purchase the monitor from a local store and i already have a copy of XP Home. let me know what you think of my build and ways to improve and maybe save a little $$$..TIA

Case: Antec Solution SLK3000-B Black Computer Case $50
PSU:OCZ ModStream OCZ52012U 520W Power Supply $109
CPU:REFURBISHED: AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego 1GHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor - OEM $289
MOBO:DFI nF4 SLI Infinity ATX AMD Motherboard $122
RAM: G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory $222
Vid Card: MSI NX6800GT-T2D256E Geforce 6800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card $298
Hard Drive:Western Digital Caviar SE WD2000JS 200GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive$90

edit: i plan to buy a nice 5.1 surround in the near future so can someone help me pick out a best bang for the buckk sound card

You can get a non-SLI motherboard unless you plan to purchase another 6800GT anytime soon.

well its nice to know i have the option at getting another one if needed. how does everything else look?

The Rest looks fine.

Just to check. you dont have listed
Optical Drive (CD/DVD burner)
Floppy Drive

And also most motherboard come with a Decent inbuild soundcard.

Doesn't need to be an SLI mobo and also..... AAAHHHH WESTERN DIGITAL!!! And of course you can run those games on this system, it'll kick their ass.

western digital isnt the best? can someone please select a better Hard Drive and also a sound card. maybe a case that is quieter or perhaps silent fans.

PZEROFGH said:
DFI infinity series suck get lanparty DFI nF4 ultra-D may i recommend

Yeah. DFI LanParty nf4 Ultra-D.

But that sentence you put together doesn't make much sense.

Western Digital are good. Seagate are good also. Don't go Maxtor, they have a tendency to fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom