Another integrated vs card issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipique

In Runtime
I just posted about whether I should use the integrated features on my new mobo or use a card. This post is specifically about video. The overwhelming response was: use a video card. So here's the question.

The card I have right now is an nVidia GeForce2 64mb PCI card. I repeat- it's a PCI card. Will that still be better than the integrated S3 Graphics UniChrome 2D/3D on my motherboard? I only ask this because PCI isn't exactly AGP8x. I don't have the money to buy another video card; I'm just asking whether this video card will speed things up or slow it down.

Additionally, I'm curious: if it will speed things up, how much do you think it would? What would the benefits be?

Dan

I am not familiar with the chipset used on your video card and motherboard, so I suggest find out what they support and do the comparsion.

also it really depends on what is the use of the PC, if it is just wordprocessing and surfing the net, then I don't see any differences which one you are using..

well i think integrated graphix are alot less than 64mb aren't they?, and personally, i haven't had that great of an experience with s3 graphics. but that's just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom