Heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

snafupen

Baseband Member
hey...ive got an athlon xp 2500+ barton core with stock heatsink and steel case. i have motherboard monitor running and my cpu idles at about 45 degrees celcius. under work loads it gets in the upper 50's. im planning on getting the new vantec aeroflow heatsink which has a revolutionary design and the xaser 3 tower case from thermaltake. i was looking at lian li but i like the "toolless design". should that temp raise concern or haste for me to buy new HS? and what do you think about my component choices? let me know your thoughts people...

Lian Li are tooless also. They use thumbscrews on freakin EVERTHING.

Anywho, A new HSF would be a good idea, but isnt crucial. 65 is where you need to worry, but like I said, I would go ahead and do it.

As for components, that Vantec is a nice HSF choice, especially on a budget. Cant beat $25 for a quality HSF. Personally I HATE Tt cases, but merely because theyre far too flashy for my taste. Tomorrow Im placing a $2100.00 newegg order, and a Lian Li is on the list.

However, Tt does make a decent case, AND they have like 7 damn fans in em. So cooling will improve, but they tend to be quite loud.

Is there a way to keep your computer cool AND quiet? :(
And I agree with Shrapnill, the Thermaltake cases are too flaunting even for me.

Water again...how much more expensive would they be than a fan system? Should I still have some case fans?

What about those VGA quietfan systems and other non-case fans, should I look into those, or does watercooling solve the whole problem of sound and cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom