Integrated or card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Soundcards are used for anyone who doesnt want piss poor sound quality and people that do not like the peformance drain on intergrated soundquality."

I sense minor exageration:)

DJ-CHRIS said:
Soundcards are used for anyone who doesnt want piss poor sound quality and people that do not like the peformance drain on intergrated soundquality.

It makes sense. Soundcards sound better than integrated stuff, just like video cards produce better video than integrated.

for the video card, DEFINATELY the card over onboard.
for the sound, it doesn't matter much. in reality, you won't notice much if any difference in sound quality, unless you are superhuman

but again, I emphasize to use a real video card against an integrated one.

people who only use there speakers for sound and a few games dont need expensive sound equipment as where a recorder would. thats what i was getting at chris

The response about the video card was overwhelmingly one-sided, so I decided to do a little research on the sound card. It's hard to find reviews on integrated sound, but what I found was quite encouraging. The intergrated sound competes admirably against low-end sound cards, and several articles said that it would take a $45 investment to get a better card than was already in the motherboard. So I guess I feel pretty happy with my surround sound integrated Audio. If I had more money, I'd probably get a better video card.

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom