DVD drive won't read DVD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

lothiaz

Beta member
Hello

I'm having trouble with my DVD drive. I recently formatted my computer and installed Windows XP pro (use to be Windows XP home on the computer). Everything went fine, i installed the updates for windows and for my firewall/antivirus. All normal. I installed MS office suite e.g. Word, publisher etc. Again like i've all done before after a format. But for some strange reason I can't install a game (Battlefield 2) that is in DVD format from my DVD drive. I thought the disc could be faulty, which obviously would be strange since it worked before the format so i tried 2 DVD movies. But none of them would play (like they have done before hand)!! The DVD drive can only play CD-ROM's.

I've tried uninstalling my DVD drive and letting windows install it again after a reboot for me. Still no luck. I think my DVD drive is up to date cos i never did an update to it before the format. As I didn't know who the DVD drive was made by. So its really strange why it can only play CD's but not DVD's like it did before the format.

Some screenshots if you need them.

dvd7xt.jpg

dvd27dj.jpg

dvd39rl.jpg

Please Help

Thanks.

Hi

You know ive never seen that before and i googled it and there is nothing on google about it.I would create a restore point and then remove it and reboot.
Also I had a similar problem with my DVD drives.Both of them went out at the same time they were both new driver one extranel and one internal they would let me burn cds but not DVDs.I was able to replace the external but i had to bite it with the internal.I know its not realted but strange all the same.

1) You don't need to play anything with PowerDVD, just install it and restart the computer then you can try reading your game DVD or whatever it was.

2) Before you install it, delete the other drive from the device manager.

Dan

Apparrently, at one time you had a SCSI PCI card installed on your pc and a SCSI DVD attached? Dosen't make any sense why a SCSI device would appear in your hardware profile unless one of your software programs has demanded a virtual drive and defined it as SCSI>>>>>?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom