Wireless Mouse Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

shayshay

Beta member
I just purchased a microsoft optical wireless 2.0 mouse and when I scroll up and down with the wheel I can hear a beeping noise coming from my computer (not the speakers). I have messed around with the settings and not figured out anything. I have also checked to see if I have the latest driver and I do. Can someone tell me what this beeping noise is and how to solve the problem. Thanks

Yea this will be ur sound card making the noise and they will be comming out of the speakers

It sounds like it is coming fromthe lower part of the case towards the bottom. It usually happens when you scroll too fast, is this something common to wireless mice.

That would be your internal speaker. It sounds like maybe the wireless receiver has a buffer that's running out of room when you scroll to fast... I've never heard of it, but usually overloaded buffers are what make your internal speaker beep like that. Try switching ports. If it's USB, use a converter to plug it into a PS/2; if it's PS/2, take off the adapter and plug it directly into USB. If it's plugged into PS/2 right now, plugging into USB should fix it. If it's in USB right now... well, it's worth trying, but switching ports probably won't fix it.

Dan

I tried the usb port and still I get the beeping from my computer, is it possible that it is a faulty mouse or is it a problem with my computer?

I don't think it's your computer. The mouse is obviously sending a signal if it's beeping, but maybe it's unreadable. Try returning the mouse and getting a new one.

Dan

Solved!!!

Appreciate all of the help. I talked to MS Tech support and come to find out the position of the wireless reciever was interfering with my modem and monitor. Yeh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom