1 Kilowatt PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
1 Kilowatt PSU

Has any one seen this power supply? They advertise it as a one KW PSU, but the amps arent that high:

+3.3v @ 30A
+5v @ 30A
+12v1 @ 16A
+12v2 @ 16A
+12v3 @ 36A
-12v @ 0.8A
+5vsb @ 4.0A

Antec True Power II 550

+3.3V @ 32.0A
+5V @ 40A
+12V1 @ 19A
+12V2 @ 19A
+5V SB @ 2.0A
-12V @ 1.0A

Personaly I would trust the Antec over this other company that no one has heard of. For 550w, the antec seems to have just as many amps on each rail. Is it really anything to be impressed about? I dont think so. What do you think?

lol I was about to point out the same thing.

Computers don't use much of the +3.3 and +5v rails so that's why they seem low.

That 1kw is basically for powerhouse SLI computers and crap...you'd never have to worry about your +12v rail being short again.

AND_YOU_ARE said:
Personaly I would trust the Antec over this other company that no one has heard of.
You've never heard of PCP&C? They make the best PSU's around but they're very expensive.

antec has a 3 +12V on their HE series. but its ony like 18+18+18 theres no 36, i was like only 3*16 for a 1 kilowatt, then i was like 36 on the last one :shocked:

AND_YOU_ARE said:
Personaly I would trust the Antec over this other company that no one has heard of.
LOL-ROFL_Copter.gif

Re: Re: 1 Kilowatt PSU

003 said:

Thank you for that quality post. Try to post a reply on the topic. I know its hard.

Back to the topic at hand. For about have the watts, antec supplys just about the same power, except the 12v rail. I doubt many will find a need for all that power offered by pcp&c. Personaly I use two psu. I have a 550w antec, and a 400w antec. It provides me with enough power for everything you see in my sig.

W/ a 1kw PSU you wouldnt have to have 2 PSUs, so basicaly you contradicted yourself there. Also, the ANtec dosent come close to the 12v rail power that the PCP&C has. And it was really only made for the heavy OCers or somebody that has ALOT of fans and HDs (like my dads friend).

Like posted above, PC POWER and COOLING are hailed in the PSU industary as making the best PSU's on the planet. This is mostly due to their use of only the highest quality internal components. They are also backed by a 5 year solid warranty. The problem for most people is the extremely high price. But, with one of their PSU's you get everything you pay for.

As for the new 1K watt PSU it's pretty much the same as the 850watt PSU. Only they have added more capacitors and better cooling. Both PSU's operate at over 85% efficiency. Despite the high wattage this PSU is actually much more efficent then your antec PSU's which are around 70%.

The fact is that even though the cost of this PSU is very high, around $500.00 in the end it will end up saving you money.

Example: You and I build the same exact PC. Same specs. Let's make them SLI systems with FX-57 CPU's. We are both overclockers and have a ton of HDD's and lot's of case fans, optical drives, lights... everything. We are going to run these PC's heavily over the coarse of 1 to 3 years.

The difference is that you have the ANTEC TRUEPOWER 550w SLI and I have the PCP&C Turbo-Cool 1KW PSU. Even though my PSU has almost double the wattage, that doesn't mean my PC will probably ever use it at peak. PC's only uses what wattage it absolutely needs at any given time.

My PC will be much cheaper to run. "electricity wise". And the money that i've saved on electricity pays for the cost of the PSU over the next few years. And backed by a full 5 year warranty? How can you go wrong?

Actually the turbo-cool 850 & 1K are EPS12V PSU's not ATX. They can be used in a highend desktop though. You just have to make sure that your case meets the Depth requirements. The both come with 8pin & P4 & 24pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom