radeon 9600xt VS 9800pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaylee714

Solid State Member
hi
does anyone kno the differnce between 9600xt n 9800pro??
should i just settle for the 9600xt (intentions of watching dvds, playing newer games like halflife and doom but not digital graphics) or should i invest a bit more and get the 9800pro..
could someone tell me how much better 9800pro is the the other one.....
and also if i get 9600xt. should i be expecting a dramatic shift in games out nowadays..to playing em in geforce4 mx400 64mb??

oh and last question thats not worth a new thread is...
if i get one of those radeons...will a 256mb version be worth the extra bones??

Half the texturing pipelines, and less than half the theoretical memory bandwidth of a typical Radeon 9800 Pro card. In reality, the 9800 Pro can be about 25-60% faster than the 9600 XT, depending on the game. If you want to play at higher resolutions with the eye-candy turned on to their maximum level, you will be guaranteed acceptable performance, with the exception of some newer games.

256 MB isn't worth it for now, as the difference in performance is not noticeable at all, but it may prove squat for future games, especially when more higher resolution textures, and when even 3D textures are used.

I agree with Martin...especially this part; 256 MB isn't worth it for now, as the difference in performance is not noticeable at all, but it may prove squat for future games, especially when more higher resolution textures, and when even 3D textures are used.

the 9800 Pro can be about 25-60% faster than the 9600 XT, depending on the game. If you want to play at higher resolutions with the eye-candy turned on to their maximum level, you will be guaranteed acceptable performance, with the exception of some newer games.

can the 9600xt be used wit all the video stuff turned to its maximum level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom