quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope, actually what happened was the bios somehow set to pick up the monitor from a pci slot?? so i took out my modem (what it was trying to pick up a signal from) and then it switched back to mobo.. then went into bios and set it back to mobo and then put the vid card in and it auto disabled the onboard and used the video card..o_O.. took me two months to figure out wtf was going on :(

Alfred bought a new hard drive and put it into his computer and started to install windows 98 but when he went to boot the computer the bios could see the hard drive but it wouldnt let him install windows.Whats wrong?

the CD-ROM isn't the first boot drive

Timmie thinks that his video card is going crazy. Timmie brings his computer over to his friend's house so they can put in a new video card and a slave hdd. Timmie's friend puts in the video card putting the monitor cable in the right place and hooks up the slave and then boots the computer up in safe mode to find that it has not recognized the new hdd. Timmie's friend reboots and still nothing. The timmie's friend takes out the video card and puts the monitor cable back in the mobo slot and turns it on... blank screen... timmie's friend puts the video card in the computer again and puts the monitor cable in the video card slot.. again, black screen...
What happened and how would you fix it?
reset the BIOS by taking out the battery, plug it into the onboard video, then disable it in BIOS. shut down, then put in the other video card and the monitor cable into the video card.
as for the hard drive, he needs to format it. he can do it in gpedit.msc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom