Windows Hangs at Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecjahn

Daemon Poster
When I attempt to shutdown my main computer (listed below) it always hangs right after I click the "Shutdown" button, in the start menu (performs the same way if shutdown is selected in task manager or afterlogging out, the login screen). The system isn't totally dead after this fact, but it will not shut down, even after waiting. If I am in windows, I can log out and the back in just fine after it stops. It does not bring up the Shutdown/restart/log off box at all, it just stops. It does not actually begin to shutdown at any time.

Currently, I log out then shut it off "the hard way", when I do actually have to shut it off (it's on most of the time.)

Hmmm!?!?

Yes, I've got perfect (or close to it) malware protection, and have scanned with all updated programs, including Symantec Antivirus.

I made this adjustment to my system registry. It should greatly increase shut down time.

Dramatically improve menu speeds and application and system shutdown/restart speeds

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]

HungAppTimeout=4000 Delay before a hung application is allowed to terminate (each 1000 = 1 sec)

WaitToKillAppTimeout=4000 Delay before windows finally starts to shutdown (each 1000 = 1 sec)

MenuShowDelay=20 Delay before a menu pops open. (each 1000 = 1 sec)

AutoEndTasks=1 Automatically closes running applications when Windows shuts down.

The last one should help greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom