is this overkill...

Status
Not open for further replies.
use the search feature on tf, google or any other search engine...

overclocking is forcing a peice of harddware to perform over its expected performancy... you can overclock your video card, RAM, and CPU.

1gb of ram would be the stupidest thing ever if you were to get all
of the other stuff.Personly I think your full of BS if youre really getting this. But anyways I think you should get 4 gigs of ram. You need to research alot more if youre really going to get a nice comp.Also you could get dual cpus of a lower grade which would be pretty awesome
and dont see any point of getting that processor.Also you could get a couple of fans or a dope water cooling system.I agree that there is no point for dual 7800gtx's, one is fine if u over clock it just a little . PLus a 7800 Gtx will play any game to date.Just research and dont rush into things.

fr34ky said:
1gb of ram would be the stupidest thing ever if you were to get all
of the other stuff.Personly I think your full of BS if youre really getting this. But anyways I think you should get 4 gigs of ram. You need to research alot more if youre really going to get a nice comp.Also you could get dual cpus of a lower grade which would be pretty awesome
and dont see any point of getting that processor.Also you could get a couple of fans or a dope water cooling system.I agree that there is no point for dual 7800gtx's, one is fine if u over clock it just a little . PLus a 7800 Gtx will play any game to date.Just research and dont rush into things.

wtf?! rofl :p , 4 gigs?! r u sure HEs the one thats full of BS, seriously dude, 4 gigs has almost no use especially in OCing

Good call

he wants a awesome pc 2gigs is what will run top games at normal
4gigs will run awesome and trust me its alot differant, may not seem but it is.Plus 4gigs is cheap so you might as well upgrade to it not like a $900 GFX .

fr34ky said:
he wants a awesome pc 2gigs is what will run top games at normal
4gigs will run awesome and trust me its alot differant, may not seem but it is.Plus 4gigs is cheap so you might as well upgrade to it not like a $900 GFX .

nothing requires 4 gigs of ram
he'll end up having problems

dude.. if i were to suggest anything over 2 gigs i would have said 2.5 gigs... not 4.. your insane.. lol, shows how much he can jack the price up on his computer eh?

4GB actually reduces your overclocks.
if you get multiple sticks, the memory controller is slowed down.
if you get higher capacity sticks, it means they pack more capacitors into them (it's tiny capacitors that store data in RAM), and more capacitors produce more heat, therefore don't overclock as much.

I would say at MOST 2GB ATM. 1GB will be fine for now, although 2GB is slowly starting to become more common (from virtually nobody I might add).

and yes, stick with 1 GTX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom