Screwy Figures 3000+

Status
Not open for further replies.

FghtinIrshNvrDi

Fully Optimized
Alright fellas. I haven't done any overclocking on the PC. I went in on the subject, and decided to give it a try. Before I did, my first tip-off was in the 'my computer' properties. My 3000+ s939 venice was running at 1.81ghz. I was like... what? Why not 1.8? I accepted it as a margin of error. No big deal.

I downloaded CPU-Z and took a look. There's a major freakin problem. I have the ECS nFORCE4-939 mobo, and I think the problem probably lies in that piece of junk. Anyway, here's the weird part...

CPU-Z said that my computer's HTT was 213. So I glanced up at the total system speed, which was 1811mhz. What's up with that? That's an 11mhz problem. Here's the even weirder part. I thought, 213 x 9 is NOT 1811. The multiplier is set at 8.5! Why and HOW does this happen? Anybody know what's going on? Thanks for insight, and feel free to ask any more questions you need.

Ryan

It's a BIOS setting. Just simply go into your BIOS and manually change these problems, no big deal.

No, multipliers are not an option on my board. There's no way to change this. Multipliers aren't unlocked on my processor.

Ryan

okay, my bad. I'm not very savvy of an OC'er, but my board doesn't give me the option of chaning the multiplier. All it allows me to change is HTT, chipset voltage, and the other multiplier (CAT I think?)

ECS told me to flash my bios. I'm going to try resetting the CMOS first, then if it's still like this, flash the bios like they said. I got the go-ahead, so it'll be thier bad if it doesn't work.

Ryan

Wow, thats a pretty crappy motherboard is all it allows you to change is that. Look around, there have to be more settings, nothing has such a crappy BIOS...

For example, how would you change your LDT multi...

I think that's what I meant by CAT multiplier. I haven't looked much in the bios. I don't know what a CAT multiplier. I think I heard the term somewhere and was hoping it was the right one.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom