What AMD 64 Crossfire Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahlos

In Runtime
Hi
I'm building a pc and I have all the components except for the motherboard. I have no idea of what motherboard supports ATI's Crossfire (ATI's fight back to SLI), a socket 754 AMD 64 processor and has PCI Express. It would have to be an ATX motherboard and cost less than $170 (£100). I would be looking for the highest performance possible so that i can upgrade my other components in the future. I could also have a socket 939 processor as well!
Please help !!!!!!!

I've been thinking about this motherboard. There are a bunch of good features and it is DFI. One thing that DFI managed to do is allow 4 double sided DIMMS to operate at 1T for 1GIG or 512MB dimms. Which provides a real performance boost. So i'm guessing that this board will be a step in the right direction for the overclocker or die-hard enthusiast.

But, there are a few things that are a few problems with this board.
DFI has used the SB450 southbridge on this board which still is lacking in USB performance. DFI also choose to use the Silicon Image 3114 SATA1 controller to a chipset that lacks native SATA2 / NCQ support. The good news is that the SB600 is supposed to fix these issues and is a "pin compatible" drop-in to the SB450. So, i guess for now if you can overlook these issues and wait for the SB600, it's the board to buy. Although there hasn't been too many other CROSSFIRE boards available.

So for me, it's still a waiting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom