quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy, uninstall it completely. Then use the add/remove hardware tools to detect new hardware, reinstall after that. Oh and I didn't think you could connect a modem over serial, only usb ports, and NICs, but I could be wrong, happens from time to time.

problem:
Timmie thinks that his video card is going crazy. Timmie brings his computer over to his friend's house so they can put in a new video card and a slave hdd. Timmie's friend puts in the video card putting the monitor cable in the right place and hooks up the slave and then boots the computer up in safe mode to find that it has not recognized the new hdd. Timmie's friend reboots and still nothing. The timmie's friend takes out the video card and puts the monitor cable back in the mobo slot and turns it on... blank screen... timmie's friend puts the video card in the computer again and puts the monitor cable in the video card slot.. again, black screen...
What happened and how would you fix it?

dude you just confused me with the timmie's and the timmy and the timmy's friend and all the taking out putting back and blah

uh disable onboard video first?

with my last question the answer i was looking for was to simply go to "add new hardware" and allow it to scan for the modem. if the modem was not powered on when windows started it won't acknowledge it as being there, even though it has the drivers installed.

it sounds like in that last question he is swapping back to integrated graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom