AMD Athlon 64 3500 or 3700?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanto

Daemon Poster
Well i was keeping an eye in the price of a AMD Athlon 64 3500 one of the part for my new PC and i notice a price drop from around $215 if i remember well and now is at $205 whats the big dealyou ask? The big deal is that i check on the 3700 and its at $238 now.

I would like to hear about what do you think i should do.
I'm thinking in changing from my shopping cart the 3500 for the 3700.

Here are the links:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103539

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103533

Thnx in advance.

If you can afford the 3700+, get the 3700+. I have always been of the opinion that if you have the money, buy the best you can afford. Its as simple as that. Don't try and save a few bucks so you can stop off at McDonalds on the way home from work. If your going to invest all this money into a system in the first place, you might as well not cheap out.

On the other hand don't spend money you don't have :) Don't spend the money and then force your children to eat Peanut Butter and Jelly for the next three weeks just so you can have an "awesome system" If you know what I mean.

if it was between the 3500+ and the 3200+ i would go with the 3200+ cause you can just OC these darn processors to their speeds

but its between the 1MB cache and the 512kb cache.

so i would go with the 3700+ san diego

Blackmoore said:
If you can afford the 3700+, get the 3700+. I have always been of the opinion that if you have the money, buy the best you can afford. Its as simple as that. Don't try and save a few bucks so you can stop off at McDonalds on the way home from work. If your going to invest all this money into a system in the first place, you might as well not cheap out.

On the other hand don't spend money you don't have :) Don't spend the money and then force your children to eat Peanut Butter and Jelly for the next three weeks just so you can have an "awesome system" If you know what I mean.

:p lol

You are absolute right, i have always try to remember that when i'm going to make a important buy ;) .

PZEROFGH said:
the 1MB cache and the 512kb cache

One more question its kind of dumb but if i don't ask now maybe i regret later.. whats the major difference between 1Mb of cache and the 512kb cache?

Thnx once again :)

*Offtopic*

At Zanjo

zanjo6wc.png

if gfx is a bit crap m8 ..8mb gfx go n buy a 128mb

Phanto said:
:p lol

You are absolute right, i have always try to remember that when i'm going to make a important buy ;) .

PZEROFGH said:
the 1MB cache and the 512kb cache

One more question its kind of dumb but if i don't ask now maybe i regret later.. whats the major difference between 1Mb of cache and the 512kb cache?

Thnx once again :)

1mb and 512kb has a big difference in Speed

not technically faster, it just has more storage. 1MB is nice in doom3 and certain application and 512 is just a nice basic one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom