hd/cd burner

Status
Not open for further replies.

spodadog

Solid State Member
I am running windows XP, just got my computer back from my friend who had it all jacked up. I had to do a format re-install just to get it to run at all. My problem is that now my computer does not see my burner or any harddrive I put in it. I have tried the jumpers and the auto detect and some other things. Bios doesn't see these either. It's all the same hardware so I don't understand what happened. He barely knew how to turn it on so I know he was messing with anything else. Can someone help me?

?

Yea everything else works fine and I have tried 5 different hds, the cd burner is less than a year old. Is there something else I can try? I can give more info if that would be helpful
thanx

did he hit it?
make sure none of the cables came lose on the mobo, I agree with nitestick, "the possibilities are limitless"

I would go into your system Resotre and restore that system to a date that preceeds the date you lent it to your "friend". All of the registry values will be restore and alll should be good. Baring dead components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom