Integrated or card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipique

In Runtime
I'm upgrading from my P3 to a P4. I already have the processor and the RAM, and I just ordered the mobo, a MSI Intel VIA P4M800 PM8M-V, which has integrated Realtek ALC655 sound and integrated S3 Graphics UniChrome 2D/3D video. From my P3, I have a sound card (came with my Dell when I bought it 5 or 6 years ago, and it was low end then) and an nVidia MX4000 PCI 64mb video card.

The question is, which of the cards, if any, should I keep in favor of the integrated video and sound? (Same question with integrated LAN vs my card, I guess.) Thanks,

Dan

Alot of people are happy with there integrated sound.. i know i am, but alot of hardcore gamers buy them for even better performance. As for a video card, if you have the money and your going to be gaming alot, get a 7800GT. But if your on a budget get a 6600GT or a 6800GT. Both are great budget cards and if you get the 6600GT and overclock it.. its possible to get 6800GT performance.. i think? anyway.. the 6600GT runs at about 150 dollars and im not sure about the 6800.

Integrated sound is just fine for me, but yeah, video is almost an essential upgrade unless you'll be doing no more than internet browsing and word processing.

Ryan

depening on how anal you are about how your sound/music sounds, I would go with an external sound card (USB or Firewire). With the the card physically out of the case, the signal-to-noise ratio will be alot better do to the lack of electrical interference of all the other goodies inside.

Sound Blaster Extigy is really amazing, especially if you need lots of connectivity options (5.1, optical, RCAs, multiple lines, MIDI):D

yup...lol, sry i would have typed more but im at school and not supposed to be on and the teacher walked by so i freaked

Soundcards are used for anyone who doesnt want piss poor sound quality and people that do not like the peformance drain on intergrated soundquality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom