Building an Economy PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennykyser

Baseband Member
My first build is still working great (thanks for all the help) now my Mom's PC has died, PS fan quit, CD rom quit, she is considering buying a $499-$599 Setup from walmart or somewhere.

Can I build her a better system for that kind of money, I realize building is more for quality than economy.

I do have the PS that came off my Coolermaster Case, and do have some DDR ram and a couple older hard drives I can use if needed.

Any sugestions would be appreciated.

i wouldnt go with a psu that came with a case...
and yes of course, you can build a very good system for 500 bucks.. ten times better than a walmart computer :)
the old hdd's will work.. or should? depends on your mobo i guess

yupp, shoot for a mobo with integrated video and audio, since your not gaming to save a few bucks...

hi guys

have you seen my spam?
its a great site for hardware products

(A second link once existed here)

why havent you been banned yet? 9 post and all they are is CHECK OUT {spammer's link repost...people, try not to quote spammers' links as they have to be removed too, or else the spammer still gets their advertising in}!

Have you heard the term YOU ARE A SPAMMER lately?

Back on topic, I just built my dad a roughly $300 system, one that would probably work for you. Sempron 64 2600+, MSI mobo with onboard video, and 1GB of OCZ ValueRAM. (in too much of a hurry to find links) We just used his old case, PSU (which was new), HD, and optical drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom