popped my overclock cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panther said:
sorry for the double post but...

OMG I DONT, CANT, ABSOLUTLY REFUSE, TO BELIEVE THAT WORKS

and it did ROFL

thank you VERY much for that little tidbit of information 340mhz X8 = 2.72 ghz is being tested as i type this lol...

see :D

PZEROFGH said:
X-connects are bad. and i was reading somewhere i set my flopp drive under somewhere and set it at 3.5", 1.44m and then i set halt on - all but diskette. and it let me OCed a little more. ;)

Well that sucks. The guy at my local computer store told me they were great so I got one. Crap.

I did what you said about the RAM voltage. It is up as high as it can go (which is only +0.2v). I went up to 245 and Prime95 ran longer than before, but still failed after 5 minutes. Any more thoughts considering right now I can't change my PSU?

Are these floppy changes in BIOS?

yes these floppy changes are in the bios, they should be under where you select your primay IDE drive and what not and the time for me

check your Ampage in everest home edition to see if your getting a nice stable +12 and +5 and +3.3V

it works so far after roughly 6 hours of testing p95...

but how the hell does a floppy drive mess with a system overclock!?

PZEROFGH said:
yes these floppy changes are in the bios, they should be under where you select your primay IDE drive and what not and the time for me

check your Ampage in everest home edition to see if your getting a nice stable +12 and +5 and +3.3V

Here is what Everest had to say about that:

Voltage Values:
CPU Core 1.62 V
+3.3 V 3.31 V
+12 V 12.22 V
VBAT Battery 3.57 V
DIMM 2.54 V
Debug Info F 47 FF FF
Debug Info T 25 28 02
Debug Info V 65 9F CF 9F BF E0 9A (77)

12v and 3.3v look fine, but what about the 5v?

JUST curious... but if someone had the 10 page report in front of them, would they be able to know why I am maxed out at 2.4 Ghz? Does Everest test enough and give enough feedback to be able to do that?

PZEROFGH said:
maybe you just got a bad cpu :( just take it as it is, you wont be able to OC anymore

I did what you said about the floppy thing and I got 5 more Mhz out of OCing. Wierd.

My CPU is still under warranty, can I exchange it even if I've OCed it? If I pretended that I didn't OC it so I can bring it back, what are some good excuses why I have to bring it back?

Also you never answered my question... if someone had all the info from Everest in front of them, could they tell what is stopping me from OCing more?

i dunno, just post the everest thing yet,

it problem is a hardware problem, i would think cpu or mobo. returning your cpu can be a good idea, but maybe it wont even reach 2.4 lol

PZEROFGH said:
i dunno, just post the everest thing yet,

it problem is a hardware problem, i would think cpu or mobo. returning your cpu can be a good idea, but maybe it wont even reach 2.4 lol

If it's the motherboard I've been staring at a new motherboard that's sitting here I just haven't installed it yet. It uses the nForce4 chipset instead of the nForce3 chipset that I'm currently using.

For what it's worth, here are the reports generated from Everest. I don't really expect anyone to read through them to help me out, but if someone is bored and wants some good Karma, have at it!

http://www.geocities.com/snowpunk857/Hardware.htm
http://www.geocities.com/snowpunk857/Memory.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom