A+

Status
Not open for further replies.
TAFE and Uni? I am assuming those are...shows? Are these exams written or how are they administered?

they're written exams.
they're not shows
Uni = University.
and they're both basically extended education centers, where you can go after high school to learn other things

Oh like MTI or Heald or something. I think I will run over to run soon and check it out. Thanks :)

honestly, if this is for job seeking help I'd skip the A+ and go for Cisco certifications unless you need the A+ to build upon. Course depends I guess on what job field you want.

killians45 said:
honestly, if this is for job seeking help I'd skip the A+ and go for Cisco certifications unless you need the A+ to build upon. Course depends I guess on what job field you want.

Cisco is useless unless you are networking

I say it depends on the career you're going into. If you're going into networking, say they use Cisco Catalyst or something (many companies use Cisco) then having a cisco cert would be of more importance than the A+. It is, like you stated, a stepping stone but if you have the knowledge already and are going into something like adminstration/engineering for networking then A+ isn't really deemed to important and its best to focus on cisco or (*gasp*) MS certifications.

If your working with cisco catalyst switches your more into the networking side than the computer side than?

CCNA would be useless for someone who wants to work at a consumer PC place (custom PC shop, high peformance gaming PC building or best buy and crap)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom