System Revamp.. What mainboard should i be Getting??

Status
Not open for further replies.

24hrs

Baseband Member
Right so far ive bought:

6800 GT ( Pci-e )

And will be Buying:

Athlon 64 3000+
512m pc-3200 ram ( i'll be getting more later )
400/450w PSU... brand-name, probably antec

So ive been researching Mainboards and it seems that the dfi lanparty sli-dr is probably the best board out there...... But i plan to fiddle in overclocking, and from what ive heard itd be pretty duanting for a noob like me

Then i had a look at the ASUS a8n sli deluxe, but lots of people have been complaining of chipset cooling problems....

Can anybody suggest a board that will provide quality preformance, relatively easy - to - navigate bios ( for overclocking ) and isnt way way too pricey..... i plan to buy it off ebay ( preferrably for under $275 AU {208US} )

Thankyou all :)

Thats a pretty outdates processor, maybe you should consider getting something higher than the 3500+ range processors. Also, it is best to have matching sets of ram instead of buying different ones with different latencies.

Thats a lot for MB, you can get DFI/Asus/Abit motherboards for SLI chipsets at around 150 USD. Which, if my calculatiosn are actually right, is around 171AU (?)

So i should spend less money on the mainboard, more money on the cpu and the ram?

EDIT: And should i be getting a board with sli? Is it worth the money ( the baord itself, and the extra card for performance boost?? )

Maybe so, but should i be thinking about getting one with sli at this point in time?
Is sli only really a more practical means of upgrade for rich people?
Because i wouldnt call myself mr loaded...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom