Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
I have a few questions, first, I need a new video card for this system:

MSI 8X AGP Mobo
AMD XP 2400+
1GB PC2700 DDR
GeForce MX440 64MB

I would like to put a eVGA 6600GT in the machine, and I might be able to get enough cash gathered up to get one, but chances are that I won't. So I was thinking just the 6600? Is that a decent card? Basically all he wants it to do is play Battlefield 2, and his current card doesn't. It doesn't have to be pretty, it just has to run and be playable. Heck my system won't even play Battlefield 2 with everything maxed, and the res set high without a little jumpyness.

Second question: I re-format the PC every once in a while, usually when I put a new piece of hardware in, and I go through all the installs, updates that one usually has to make when you re-format a PC. But I was wondering if there are updates that people usually over look, and that they rarely ever update, that could make a difference in the system preformace?

For example: When I re-format, I usually let Widows update, then I do the chipset drivers, and then the video card. From there I do DirectX, and the sound card. And I let windows take over with the rest like the Wireless card, the CD/DVD Drives, ect.... and I rarely ever worry about anything else. Rarely will I ever update anything other than DirectX, Windows, Chipsets, and the Video after the first initial install and update.

Are there other vital updates that should be made often that people overlook? I mean is it necessary to go to the Lite-On website and download their specific drivers for their CD-Rom? Or is there a reason to download updates for creatives sound cards? (I have never liked the layout of Creatives update site) Ect...

Any help is appriciated thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom