Game ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD_Rob

Baseband Member
Hey guys, just me again

Heres my problem
I installed World of Warcraft recently, and randomy throughout the game i get the following ERROR message

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception
Program: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:006EB440

anyone know hat this means ? and why it causes my game to exit ?

1. If you have an Interface folder, rename it or delete it completely, then remove all the files in your WDB and WTF folders. They will be recreated with default values the next time you run the game. Please note that if you haven't successfully gotten into the game yet, these folders may not exist. If that is the case, please move on to the next step.

2. Try running the game in openGL mode:

- Click Start
- Highlight Programs
- Highlight World of Warcraft without clicking on it.
- Right click on the World of Warcraft icon
- Click Properties
- In the Target field add -opengl after the quotation mark
Example: "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe" -opengl
- Click OK
- Try the game now with the icon you just modified.

You can also try running the game in a window by adding
-windowed
to the line as explained above. You can also put both options on at the
same time, just make sure there is a space between them.

3. A program running on your machine could be causing issues. Please
try closing all background applications as explained on our support site:
»www.blizzard.com/support/wow/?id=agi05..

4. Check your hard disk for errors by following the instructions on our
ScanDisk/Defrag page:
»www.blizzard.com/support/wow/?id=mgi05..

Also, note that some customers have reported that hard drives larger
than 127 gigabytes in size can have issues if you do not have the latest
Windows Updates from Microsoft:
»windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

We recommend that you read all the documentation that came with your hard drive of system. Many manufacturers have special instructions necessary for proper use of 48-bit Large Block Addressing on hard drives larger than 127 gigabytes.

5. World of Warcraft attempts to use your hardware to it fullest. If you overclock your hardware in any way, even if other applications on your computer are stable, it may cause problems with World of Warcraft. Please set all your components to their factory default speeds while playing World of Warcraft.

6. Doing a scan of the computer's physical memory can help you identify RAM problems which could cause this issue. We are tentatively recommending users try memory scan utilities such as the Windows Memory Diagnostic, available directly from Microsoft:
»oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

We recommend the extended test suite, which takes the longest time to run but is the most thorough test suite available with this tool.

7. If your system is becoming too hot, it may cause the game to freeze or crash. You can test this by removing the side of your case from the computer for troubleshooting purposes. If the issues go away, then we suggest adding a fan to your system to help distribute heat in the case.

8. Try disabling the sound card, by following these steps:
- Right click on My Computer and select properties.
- (Windows 2000 only) Click on the Hardware tab.
- Click on Device manager.
- Expand the Sound, video, and game controllers branch.
- Select the sound card and click the Properties button.
- Disable the device from the active profile.
- Click OK
- Reboot your computer and start the game again.

9. Remove all custom User Interface (UI) mods from your game installation. To do this, go into your World of Warcraft folder and delete the folder called "Interface."

i should also note, that blizzard just released a patch last night, i was runnin the game for 2 days with 0 problems, then as soon as the patch was launched i started gettin the porblems, any sudgestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom