retarded question

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think if you switch the powersupply off, that opens the circuit between the powersupply and the wall... i think thats how it makes sure there is no power to the power supply.

Its not the power supply that you have to worry about. Even if you walk across the room, you build up static energy in your body. As far as I know, the motherboard has sensitive capicitors that, if you touch, go haywire and malfunction, resulting in a defective product. The static energy is mroe than enough to fry the capicitors. I think this is also the reason you have to wait 7 secs or w/e to turn your computer on again, after you turn it off; the capicitors need time to discharge.

Me either, lol, but it still stands that we SHOULD do it.

Then again, I usually just restart the PC, which doesn't empty the charges, it just reboots the PC.

never heard about the discharging thing, but your dead on with the grounding issue... oh, and try to wait about 10 seconds after turning off your psu before you take a computer part out or put one in.. just to be safe :)

Static_11 said:

tip:
take your socks off if your on carpet or have walked on carpet

Or you can just do like me and strip completly naked that way you don't have to worry about your clothe's making static :freak: :p

(Just Kidding i alway's wear a hat :D)

Static_11 said:
lol, even i didnt notice that :).... i seemed to get shocked for touching just about anything..

That's what happens when you rub yourself too much. *cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom