3:2 Memory divider not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanker

Banned
I don't know how I managed to do this the first time, but I underclocked and tried to get to 2.7GHz again. But this time around, I found that whenever I set the memory divider to 3:2 and reboot, the PC won't boot. Just a black screen comes up, even though the system is running (fans and stuff). Even if I don't overclock, simply setting the ratio to 3:2 will keep the system from booting.

I can use A64 tweaker to set a 3:2 divider from windows (and it works according to CPUz) but I don't know how to save it at that.

My guess would be that your bios doesn't like your ram configurations very much...best bet would be google for the best bios version to use with your current memory

Honestly never heard of a problem like that before

Thanks, I'll try that. But is there any way to save the A64 Tweaker settings? Because everytime I log off (my Dad and sister occasionally use the PC) the settings get reset.

Well, I would try what gaara said first. I actually have seen this problem before on Dothan set-ups, where a certain board had problems with a particular divider, which a BIOS flash fixed.

Try that first this fixing it through the BIOS would still be the best solution.

I had never seen RAM decide to blue screen upon entering windows from LOOSENING RAM timings up until my last pair did that lol.

Setting it from 2 to 2.5 would cause windows to not load...on one stick it'd straight say could not load HAL lol....weirdest crap I've ever come across.

New sticks work fine though :D

Yea, but for me I can't even access the BIOS, it doesn't even get to that part, its just a simple black blank screen. I have to reset the CMOS to access my PC.

My BIOS is up to the latest version, and I can't find any other problems like this from google 0_0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom