Loosing Install CD...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prelude92

Baseband Member
Hey people i just recently installed windows on my pc and lost the winPRO install cd. thanx to the phone i was able to activate windows. As i think towards future issues, what will i do when i have to reinstall windows?? do i have to buy another copy? what are options for this situation.

A friend did the same thing... He borrowed my CD and made a copy. Just find someone with the same OS (Home, or Pro, Media, Tablet whichever yours is)... or if you want, I'm sure you can download it on the web (not sure how "legal" this would be, but since you have your own key, the only thing that might stop you is "rules"). I looked quickly at MS's site, didn't see anything about replacements, which seems odd, but...yeah...:)

I'm sure MS would love for you to buy a new one, though...:)

Contact Microsoft support. They can get you a new copy for not much money as a replacement (if you have purcahse receipts and have registered your cd key with them). In the future, it would be wise to buy a copy of Alcohol 120% and burn a backup copy of your install CD and put it in a safe place!!!

well i got this disc along w/ many others from the school so i would have no reciepts of any kind.. but registering the key i have.. what this about alcohol 120%??

RicoDirenzo said:
Contact Microsoft support. They can get you a new copy for not much money as a replacement (if you have purcahse receipts and have registered your cd key with them). In the future, it would be wise to buy a copy of Alcohol 120% and burn a backup copy of your install CD and put it in a safe place!!!

that's what I do with my copies of XP and then I put the original one up in a safe place

RicoDirenzo said:
Alcohol 120% is a program that burns a perfect Disc copy of any CDrom you have. The perfect solution for producing back ups of your OS or other programs you own!! (DVD's, as well)

http://www.alcohol-soft.com/

Out of curiosity what does it cost? I see the price but I don't recognize the currency or else I'd try googling a conversion table...

if i lost a disc, i wouldnt worry, i would just use an illegal copy of an operating system or LINUX. Windows XP Pro doesnt use codes to activate, so anybody can use the same cd over and over again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom