popped my overclock cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.
idiotec said:
Just to confirm everything is working right, you could post a pick of CPU-z (CPU AND Memory Tab)

Here is the first screen dump...

Attachments

• cpu-z1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 41
Well, that's at the 166 divider, so that's working right, but as you can see, that sets the RAM to 200, so any further on HTT and the RAM start's OC'ing. I was more thinking that with the 133 divider that it is lowering the RAM correctly, but shoot, I'm sure it is, but you might want to check.

If everything was as you said with your last try (ie HTT 245 and 133 divider), it definitely shows that your limitation is not your RAM. The limitation would be either CPU, mobo, or PSU, and looking at your specs, it is in all likelihood your CPU :(

why dont you raise the voltage in your RAM and try 245

hmm i think im goign with idiotec here, that it could be your PSU or mobo. maybe you just got a crap cpu you never know. :(

well looking at its an X-connect LOL that could be a problem ;) check your ampage in everest or bios

EDIT

DUDE!! I KNOW WHAT TO DO!! do you have a floppy, set your floppy drive as 1.44m or whatever and then set half errors on all but diskette and try it it should work TRUST ME ;)

EDIT EDIT

i got them from a website and it let me do a 10mhz more increments thats why i got 2.6 stable :D

you don't wanna really bother overclocking your RAM as it's not built to handle much at all...you need to lower your divider if you wanna go any farther

Your PSU I'm thinking is giving off some bad fluctuating rails which is posing a problem both short and long term...flashing to the lastest bios might help too especially with ram performance

Nubius said:
the early venices did those insane clocks...as time goes by they will start to produce worse and worse results...mine maxes out at 2.575GHz

not at all the case with me, i might be lucky though...

2.64ghz on an E6 venice 3000+ that I bought like last week, and its being held back by my lazyness :-/.

PZEROFGH said:
why dont you raise the voltage in your RAM and try 245

hmm i think im goign with idiotec here, that it could be your PSU or mobo. maybe you just got a crap cpu you never know. :(

well looking at its an X-connect LOL that could be a problem ;) check your ampage in everest or bios

EDIT

DUDE!! I KNOW WHAT TO DO!! do you have a floppy, set your floppy drive as 1.44m or whatever and then set half errors on all but diskette and try it it should work TRUST ME ;)

EDIT EDIT

i got them from a website and it let me do a 10mhz more increments thats why i got 2.6 stable :D

sorry for the double post but...

OMG I DONT, CANT, ABSOLUTLY REFUSE, TO BELIEVE THAT WORKS

and it did ROFL

thank you VERY much for that little tidbit of information 340mhz X8 = 2.72 ghz is being tested as i type this lol...

PZEROFGH said:

EDIT

EDIT EDIT

You confused the hell out of me. What does my floppy drive have anything to do with overclocking?

PZEROFGH said:

well looking at its an X-connect LOL that could be a problem ;)

I thought X-connects were good (?) Should I have dropped 100 bones on a different PSU?

X-connects are bad. and i was reading somewhere i set my flopp drive under somewhere and set it at 3.5", 1.44m and then i set halt on - all but diskette. and it let me OCed a little more. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom