Add/Remove Window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skaterdude_04

Solid State Member
Can anyone help me please? Whenever i go onto my add/remove window there is a huge gap between a list of programs. It is quite strange, this happened after uninsalling a program about a month ago but i can't remember what program it was though because my memory isn't that good hehehehe lol. So can anyone help me at all?
Dan

yeh i've had a look at what to do which is to delete the odd number or something in registry key in uninstall but i dont understand what to delete becausei can't find any odd numbers. i can find odd numbers in these { } but there are a few of them and i don't want to delete them as i read a few of them and they cause other things to work.

those are the GUID's for applications... don't remove them.

is the problem at the top, bottom, or middle of the wizard? What applications are above and below the problem?

It's in the middle of my add/remove window. And i've adobe acrobat 5.0,ccleaner,championship manager01-02,espon photoquicker3.4, espon printer software, epson software guide, j2se runtime environment 5.0 update (java), livereg(symantec corporation), liveupdate 2.6 (symantec corporation), macromedia flash player 8 and macromedia shockwave player at the top of the window.

And at the bottom there is microsoft home publisher 2000, microsoft picture it!2000, microsoft word 2000,microsoft works 2000, microsoft works 2000 setup launcher, msn messenger 7.5, nero 6 ultra edition, norton internet security, norton WMI update, pro cam, quicktime, scan to web?, scientific atlanta WebSTAR 100&200 series cable modem,sierra utilities, smart camera ver 2.1,spybot search and destroy 1.4, ulead cool 360 1.0?,winamp,windows installer 3.1 (KB893803),windows xp service pack 2 and word in works suite add in.
Could this be in any use to you?
dan

so on the top of the space is macromedia Shockwave and on the botton its MS publisher 2000... Uninstall Macromedia and see if that does it. If not, then uninstall MS pub. if you don't have the media for pub, then don't remove it.

From here, what you will want to do, is using this info, go back tot he instructions above, and follow them. The programs you listed, are the display names in the registry. All you need to do is search for them (in the registry, hklm\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall ) and then use the instructions above to resolve the problem.
Should work for you.

Good luck

sorry mate but it still didn't work. just can't think what could cause this, i no it's not spyware because i'm fully immune from spyware and virus'.

to take a screenshot press prtsc and then goto paint and then paste and save as a JPG not BMP and then attach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom