Palm Desktop Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

htcs

In Runtime
I have the Palm Desktop software installed on my desktop, I also installed it on my laptop in hopes of being able to access the data from my desktop through the network. I've been able to do it with my Outlook, DataLink and other software.

Does anyone know how to change the data path in Palm Desktop? Could be there a way in the registry?

Sorry... what i want is the palm desktop software on my laptop to get the data from my desktop.

I don't think you can in the way you want. The only way, is to install it on the laptop, then sync the data down from the palm. There isn't a network function in the program. now you can copy over all the files and folders, as well as the registry data, but that might cause trouble with the connection protocalls.

Good luck

Found the answer! Tried it on the laptop and it is accessing the data on the desktop over the network successfully. Hotsync works from both desktop and laptop!!!

In Registry, go to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\U.S. Robotics\Pilot Desktop\Core

Change:
DesktopPath
HotSyncPath and
Path to wherever your data is stored. In my case i mapped them to P:\

I tried to do something similar, but gave up, and just used a program to monitor changes in the files, and copied them over shortly after. (Works great so long as you don't try to syncronize at both locations.......................)

Thanks for the solution....easier, anyhow...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom