i get bsod or comp freezes when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came back from studying and I left the memtest on while I was gone(about 10+ hours) and it didn't find any error with my ram.
Oh and sorry that I forgot to mention, I bought the new rams because of the bsod and screen freezes. In the past when I got the either of the symptoms simply replacing the rams solved and was in fact a ram problem(in the past that is).
So... the memtest tells me that my ram's doing ok?

Is this the first time installing WoW??? If so i had a similar problem when i installed the first WoW patches. I pushed F8 b4 windows boot and ran in safe mode. Uninstalled the patch. re booted system, downloaded latest xp drivers from Nvidia site. Then worked fine

No I've been playing wow since the day it came out which is last november and until just recently none of these terrible things happen to my computer...

okay, did you say that it froze while formating the system??? Now, are you formating a slave drive from windows or is this the system drive being format either in Dos or via the XP installation CD... or is it looking during the reinstallation of XP. If its during the installation of XP, do a flat file install (mamually copy the XP cab files to the HDD in a created folder and run from there). May want to write zeros, partition and then format (only reason I'm saying this is due to the error during a format and assuming you repartitioned it). Also, make sure to get the MBD chipset drivers and install those!!!!

phew 3 midterms down and i'm back trying to fix this **** thing..... well when i try to reformat with a windows xp bootable cd... i just go out to have a smoke while it uploads stuffs and when i come back screen is frozen... where my keyboard doesn't work and the numberlock lights don't blink and stuff...
perhaps my hard drive's bad? and yes, the one i'm trying to reformat is the main hard drive... which is an 80 gig one and i do have a slave drive and since you brought it up i'm gonna try to use slave as a main and see if it works...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom