In Need of Reorganising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jewels

In Runtime
First post here so bear with me. My situation seems kinda complicated in my mind I can barely get everything down here.

Right now the computer I am using is an old slow one. It's an AMD Athlon 800 Mhz processor with a 30 GB hard drive. I've forgotten the other specs but I don't think they're important. This hard drive is partitioned into 2 drives: C and D. The C drive has Windows installed on it, but the problem is the partition is too small and I keep getting warning messages about there not being enough space. The D drive has some space (about 500 megs of random stuff).

Now I also have a second (better) computer which just went bust on me for some reason a few months ago which is why I'm using the worse of the two. I don't know what the problem is with that computer since I haven't bothered to check. That computer is also in need of space (although it's just one large 80 GB drive with no partitioning).

Basically, I want to reorganise these two computer somehow, delete junk files that I don't need, combine all the files from both physical drives and make one computer again with all my files together. Everything's a mess since all my files are split apart, and I don't have the backup resources (like a DVD-R) in order to allow me to format the drives. I want to keep all my files. I also can't run any memory intensive programs either since I only have like 50 mb of space left on the C: drive.

This may seem like an oversimplified question, but how would start going about doing this?

Set up both hard drives on a single computer, copy files over to one and format the other and partition if you want. Repeat to the other hard drive if necessary.

You may want to have a look at Partition Magic if all you want to do is change the partition sizes without having to format.

C:\Windows\Temp

if it's Windows ME, 98 or below:

C:\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.ie5

if it's 2000 or above:

C:\Documents and settings\[user name]\local settings\temporary internet files\content.ie5
C:\Documents and settings\[user name]\local settings\temp
C:\Windows\Prefetch

delete what's in those folders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom