BestBuy lied to me when they sold me my computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically they probably won't answer ur e-mail beause you're wasting your time, best method is always the phone but once again, they won't help you much at all...

It seems your question about what Video Card type you have is still not answered.

Well, where do you plug in your monitor(Its that big square box where pretty images come up)? Do you plug it in where the PCi Slots are near or do you plug it in near where you plug in your Keyboard/Mouse. If it is near the PCI slots its AGP, if its near the Keyboard/Mouse its integrated graphics meaning you have to buy a PCI video card (the one you posted). There is no good video card that is PCI, your computer will never be a gaming computer, the best game you can play on that peice of junk is probably Pac Man with the graphics turned down way low *sarcasm(just a lil bit)*

I'm sorry for acting like a jerk and treating you like an idiot, but seriously, in this situation, you are kind of the idiot.

First off buying a retail computer for reasons other than Business/Serious Designing (like Apple or Sun Microsystem) is pretty stupid to begin with. If you find yourself stumbling upon a forum such as this one, you have an oppurtunity to have equal or higher knowledge of computers than anyone who posts here, you just need to pay close attention, and if that fails, ask a friend to build it for you.

Also you should have discovered the problem earlier, if I had warranty or whatever kind of service that has to do with the Best Buy, I'd haul the thing back whether its 10 minutes away or 3 hours away, and demand a refund or replacement. This is not even something that can be "forgiven," you deserve what you paid for (pretty little actually, but still money) and you should get it.

DOWN WITH STORE-BOUGHT COMPUTERS!!!! :angry:

Ok I'm done...

bartthecartoon said:
I bought an e-machines computer from BestBuy a few months ago and it was listed in their ad as having 512 MB of Ram. Today I opened it up and the RAM stick said right on it that it was only 256 MB. Is there anything that I can do about this? I feel very cheated.
Considering that BestBuy doesn't manufacture the eMachines in-store, no, they aren't directly responsible. They look at the product and sell it as is, as the box is. They don't sit down each day, open each box and comb over everything to see if what it says on the outside box label is what is actually inside. You got a mistake. Big deal. It's unfortunate, but relax, take a deep breath, and chill.

Contact Best-Buy. Don't get an attitude. Ask them what you should do. They'll probably give you a number for the manufacturer. From them, you can get things sorted out. You got your reciepts, right? If it says you bought it with 512, and it's only got 256, then they'll give it to you.

If they don't, then your gripe is with the eMachine manufacturer, not BestBuy. If the manufacturer gives you grief, you should alert BestBuy that one of the companies they're a vendor for is doing wrong by their customers.

And in the end, it's 256mb. You got a $35 mistake. It's not the end of the world.

I'm over it, I bought 1 GB from Newegg, and I gave up on bestbuy when they responded to my e-mail with an e-mail that proved they didn't even read mine. it didn't say anything about the question all it said was to contact the store. I sent them a 1-Page-Screw-You, and just resolved to never shop there again.

What exactly is wrong with the card that I wanted to buy? It has 256 MB of RAM, and it has Direct X 9 Capabilites, which are the 2 things that PC Shopper Recomends that a video card has if you plan to use it for next generation games.

It is a low end card. It has low clock speeds, slow memory, and uses a pci interface (WAY slower than APG or PCI Express). It's pretty much the best card your computer will be able to take, though, so you may as well get it. It's not that it's a bad card, but there are ones made that are a ton better, they just won't work on your pc.

Although it has direct x9 and 256mb it is very slow and will stuuter on modern games.
You said you got it to 'beef it up' but theres no point puttin 2gb in etc. Soon that pc will be out of date as agp graphics are beaing taken over buy pci-e, and your graphics are pci (before agp!)
I would DEFINITLY take that pc back for a full refund!
Buy parts of newegg and build it, it will be fun, you will learn, and you will save loads of money!

Dude sucks to be you getting stuck with a pci video card wow there is nothign you can get that will be good for gameing so don't even think there is something that will run games with good fps. Srry or just get a new motherboard. that supports that processor ofcourse and i am not sure if there ia such a mobo and if not then get a new pc it will cost u more for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom