Why wont XP add the native rez for Acer monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niles

Solid State Member
Hey,

I have an acer 20" Widescreen Flat Panel Display (AL2032WA) Its native rez is 1680X1050.

Why does windows XP fail to recognize the new rez after installing the monitor? I had a program that would force the native rez, but it had a very annoying nag screen. Is there a free program available that will do this? (No command line based ones please) Better yet how are most people installing it without this hassle?

Please note: Installing the latest drivers of both the ATI radeon 9800 Pro DVI video card and monitor doesnÂ’t make a difference.

Your help is greatly appreciated,

Niles

One problem fixed, what next?

I Reformated my computer (needed to be done anyway), now I can get ATI Catalyst to recognise 1280X1050 and display it, but when I restart my computer it goes back to the 800X600. The Rez 1280X1050 is showing up in the Display propterties menu but is not there after a reboot. I have tried applying the changes in both Catalyst and the display menu but it will not stick.

I am starting to loose hope,

Niles

ATI card

I understand what your saying because the old card I had didnt go that high. But this one is more then capabul of running it, it just cant seem to remeber to keep that size after a reboot. Right now it looks beautiful but when I restart It will go to 800X600 again. Its very odd.

Apply

matt2m said:
did you hit ok or apply lol
that happened to me once

I hit apply on both of the meues even changed down to 800X600 and back to 1680X1050 so that I could hit apply on the windows display menu.

I have to admit im a little hesitent to install old drivers again, I have tried that before with no success. I wish I had stayed with Gforce that allows you to jack a new rez in easily.

I used powerstrip before but I cant stand that count down nag screen and it often blanks out for a second when im working. I would much prefer that windows recognises the rez by it self or get a free progarm simmilar to powerstrip (preferably that works better).

Has anyone here installed a widescreen motitor?

Try changing the type of monitor you're using - windows may have detected your specific model, try a plug and play monitor driver - or vice versa, try to get the drivers for your monitor model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom