Building a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I took most of your advice guys. The hard drive is now a Seagate rather than a Maxtor, memory is now Kingston rather than Geil, changed the motherboard from Asus to DFI and the 450 watt Kingwin is now a 430 watt Thermaltake. This is my setup right now,
please tell me if this works and if I can change anything for the better:

Case: Xion II Black ATX Case

Video Card: XFX Geforce 6800 256MB DDR3 PCI-E

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3500+

Optical Drive: Lite-on DVD-RW 16x

Hard Drive: Seagate 160 GB SATA-300

Motherboard: DFI NF4 DAGF NVIDIA Socket 939 ATX

PSU: Thermaltake 430-watt ATX

Memory: Kingston 1024MB PC3200

Final price with shipping and handling: $1,290.04

I don't like bumping myself or people who do bump threads, but this is pretty urgent. When I get this setup finalized, I'm gonna purchase it right away, I'm hoping by at least tommorow morning, so please excuse this bump. But please can someone just check out this new setup and tell me if it's alright? Anything I should change?

alright common word on the Maxtor drives isnt true and is just bad experiences between them and opinions. I have used them and have NEVER had a MAxtor drive fail on me. XFX sucks, and so does Kingston.
Get an eVGA 6800 w/ 128mb of RAM and unlock the pipes and OC it to GT speeds. Bam bout 100 bucks saved tehre. Get a 3000 or 3200+ Venice and OC it on that DFI baord w/ some after market cooling and you got youself some more money saved. Scratch the Kingston RAM and get some Corsair Valueselect 1gig (2x512) or OCZ Value ram 1gig (2x512). Believe me, do that and you will save more money. Also, on second thought the HD thing is just a personal thing, get what you want.

Alright Mguire, I changed the Kingstons to Corsair. I am saving a bit of money on that. I changed the XFX version of the 6800 to a eVGA, but I really don't want to get into overclocking for now, which also means I won't change the processor. Thanks for the advice though, helped a lot. Any more suggestions?

New setup:

Case: Xion II Black ATX Case

Video Card: eVGA Geforce 6800 256MB DDR PCI-E

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3500+

Optical Drive: Lite-on DVD-RW 16x

Hard Drive: Seagate 160 GB SATA-300

Motherboard: DFI NF4 DAGF NVIDIA Socket 939 ATX

PSU: Thermaltake 430-watt ATX

Memory: OCZ 1024MB PC3200

Final price with shipping and handling: $1,319.04

P.P. Mguire said:
Wait man, your price when up though....... And according to your thing it says OCZ? hahah

It was the eVGA that really brought the price up a bit. But really, that is CANADIAN MONEY. You might be thinking US dollars. I honestly can't believe what a great system I'm getting for $1300 flat with shipping and handling included. For you guys, it's like $950 USD with shipping included!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom