graphics and memory update

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so I lied...I'm gonna annoy you guys again...before I buy the 9600xt I just wanna know if it's compatible...I just checked my current graphics card and it says it's connected on PCI bus 1...does this mean I can't get AGP? how do I checked if I have AGP sockets? controlpanel/system??

use google to search for a program called CPUZ.

it tells you all the stuff you wanna know about your motherboard. it also tells you wether it has agp sockets, pci-e sockets, or not.

k thanks a lot...I dloaded the program and it says it has AGP version 2.0 with max supported rate 4x and aperture size 64mb...I'm guessing this means I can't get an 8x card?

actually, you can slot it too if the card says AGP 4x/8x on the box.

but, 8x performs better than 4x, so you cannot see the full potential of the card

and 5500 owns gef 2 by a lot

with 5500 and your comp now, you should be able to play medal of honor at 1024x768 at med to high for around 60 fps with no problems.

I bought the radeon card after reading all the good reviews about it on the page and people who have similar problems (4x) recommending it...it supports 8x too so I'll upgrade the motherboard later if it's a problem...

later on you said you will get a new on in USA right?

if you wanna get those high end cards, you better get a mobo that either supports AGP 8x or PCI-e ( pci-e is better at this point)

bonehelm said:
actually, you can slot it too if the card says AGP 4x/8x on the box.

but, 8x performs better than 4x, so you cannot see the full potential of the card

and 5500 owns gef 2 by a lot

with 5500 and your comp now, you should be able to play medal of honor at 1024x768 at med to high for around 60 fps with no problems.

there is no performance difference between 8x or 4x agp. and 4x agp is backwards compaitlble with 8x and the othe rway too. so get the 9600XT.

DO NOT UPGRADE TO AGP8x UPGRADE TO PCIE-16 WHEN YOU DO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom