Noob video card question

Status
Not open for further replies.

underOATH

Solid State Member
Hey guys!!!

I just need a little help here. I bought a computer one year ago and i want to upgrade my video card.

here are basic specs:

Processor: Intel 2.8Ghz HT

Mobo: Microstar MS-7046

RAM: (Factory) Samsung 2x256 single channel DDR, (added) value Corsair dual channel 2x512 DDR.

Video card: GeforceFX 5300

I think thats it. I hate this video card. I have to run games with little or no shadow's, force directx 7.0 shaders or something, and run graphics on mid to low most times.

I have read some reviews and i am thinking of going with a XFX 6800GT PCI-e card. should i go with this card or what. I know any card will give me improvement over this one. would you go with another brand??????????????????

I'm new at this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well first of all you need to find out if your motherboard even supports pci-express. Then if it does just pick a card you like. The 6800gt is a great card. Just dont buy the XFX version. Get the NVIDA one instead.

yeah yeah.. sorry it does supprt pci-e as that is what the fx5300 runs. ok I will take that into consideration thanks!!

i believe you but what is the advantage? Proven reliability? Subtle performance enhancements?

sorry for being a huge jerk but i gotta ask :D

underOATH said:
yeah yeah.. sorry it does supprt pci-e as that is what the fx5300 runs. ok I will take that into consideration thanks!!

the fx5300 is pci-e?

aslo evga are recommaneded because they come with a lifetime warrenty.

do you guys mean AGP or PCI

eVGA
leadtek
BFG
MSI
gigabyte

all good

XFX is bad, sense they got the highest numbers of DOA and have a lot of overheating issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom