installing large (300gb) hdd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSXmike

In Runtime
im half way through the installation and its telling me that i dont have the support for running larger than a 137gb drive... so do i just install it as 137gb and then after windows is installed find the right drivers?

You can do it after. However if you have a copy of Linux lying around you can use the partition manager to do it before you install windows. Make sure its NTFS or FAT32 otherwise windows wont work on it.

Zanjo said:
You can do it after. However if you have a copy of Linux lying around you can use the partition manager to do it before you install windows. Make sure its NTFS or FAT32 otherwise windows wont work on it.

no linux laying around...

doesnt look like ill be getting through this tonite... now im getting beep codes... one thing right after another:sigh:

I had that same promblwm on my old comp when i tryed to install a 250gb hard drive couldnt get it to work so i left that comp in the closet.

SATA + too large hard drives= many potential problems. I like the comment about leaving it in the closet!

I had the same problem.

I partitioned the hard drive.

However it still limited me to 137gb.

Funny how that works out, isn't it?

My solution: Said f*ck it, put the 40 gb back in, gave that PC to my little brothers to share, and spent a couple hundred bucks and built my own. That PC was 5 years old anyway, it was time to upgrade. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom