backing up data

Status
Not open for further replies.
so if yuor hdd dies or you accidentally reformat you can save it LOL

get an external hdd, or put them on cds

how do you accidently reformat?

Best way to find out why to back up your data, buy a maxtor, and use it to store your music on, or any media type.... let it do its thing and put millions of errors in your files and ruin hours or days of work. Store some home videos on it too, so you can lose irreplacable data too.

ohh my bad I forgot to answer how, you backup data on cd, dvd, secondary harddrives, raid solutions(2 hd's as 1), tape backup, there's mor I'm sure.

Most used is cd/dvd, requires a cd or dvd burner, and inexpesive writable disks. Programs would vary depending on what you want to back up.

I backup my stuff to DVD's. Why I back them up is so I don't have to worry about losing years of family photos. I also have or HAD videos of recorded TV shows, but they where always to big and took too long to put on discs and keep updated with new episodes. So I lost them recently when my HD failed. Bleh...

i backup using linux live-cd's. no fancy software for me. i just make a folder called backup, boot into my live-cd, mount my windows partition and copy all important data into the backup folder. that way i avoid all the stupid windows errors about "protected files" or "file in use". then i just burn the contents of that folder to dvd-rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom